Fighting the good fight
Jeremy R. Williams
Whitfield Bryson LLP
900 W. Morgan Street
Raleigh, NC 27603
Main Telephone: 919-600-5000
Direct Telephone: 919-600-5017
As an attorney at Whitfield Bryson LLP, Jeremy Williams focuses on fighting for the rights of employees and consumers in complex litigation. Since joining the firm in 2014, he has prosecuted cases against some of the largest companies in the world – ranging from cases involving millions of dollars in unpaid sales commissions by one of the largest tech companies in the world to class actions for defective products, fraudulent pricing schemes, and other unlawful conduct against numerous Fortune 500 companies. Jeremy has also represented property owners in lawsuits related to defective construction of residential and commercial real estate and handled numerous complex business disputes. Jeremy’s efforts to obtain justice on behalf of his clients have led to the recovery of tens of millions of dollars for consumers and small businesses nationwide.
Jeremy earned his law degree from Campbell University School of Law as part of a joint degree program that also allowed him to earn his M.B.A. from North Carolina State University. Prior to beginning this dual degree program, Jeremy attended Elon University where he received his Bachelor of Science. While in law school, Jeremy clerked at both Whitfield Bryson and a regional litigation defense firm based in Raleigh. After law school, Jeremy joined that defense firm, where his practice was focused on defending health care providers and businesses in litigation throughout North Carolina. Jeremy’s background defending clients in litigation gives Jeremy a unique insight into how the other side thinks, insight he now uses to help clients who have been wronged by another person or company.
Jeremy is currently serving in leadership roles as the President for the Wake County Bar Association Young Lawyer’s Division, on the Board of Directors for the Wake County Bar Association, and on the Young Ambassadors Steering Committee for SAFEchild, a non-profit dedicated to eliminating child abuse in Wake County, North Carolina. He has also previously served on the education committee for the North Carolina Advocates for Justice, as an executive board member of the Triangle Chapter of the Elon Alumni Association, and is a member of Public Justice, the American Association for Justice, the North Carolina Advocates for Justice, the Wake County Bar Association, and the North Carolina Bar Association.
When Jeremy is not fighting for the rights of his clients, he enjoys spending time with his wife and their two children. Jeremy is an avid golfer and skier, and enjoys traveling domestically and internationally with his family and friends. Some of his favorite travels have been safaris in South Africa and Kenya, trips to learn about and enjoy wine in Napa, Sonoma, and Santa Barbara counties, and trips to ski and hike in Colorado, Utah, and Montana.
- State of North Carolina
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina
- United States District Court for the Middle District of North Carolina
- United States District Court for the Western District of North Carolina
- United States District Court for the District of Colorado
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- Super Lawyers, Rising Star, 2018 – 2020
- Wake County Bar Association: Young Lawyer’s Division, Board of Directors
- President (2020)
- Wake County Bar Association, Board of Directors
- North Carolina Bar Association
- North Carolina Advocates for Justice
- Education Committee (2016-2017)
- New Lawyers Division Professional Development Committee (2021)
- American Association for Justice
- Public Justice Foundation
- Elon Alumni Association, Triangle Chapter, Executive Board Member (2014-2018)
- SAFEchild, Steering Committee (2016 – present)
- Co-Chair of the Young Ambassadors Steering Committee (2018-2019)
- Multiplying the Fruits of Your Labor: Ways to Identify How Your Individual Case Could be Indicative of a Systemic Issue – The Tennessee Trial Lawyer Winter 2021 Edition (co-authored with Caroline R. Taylor)
- Class Action Settlements: Using Discovery to Craft Effective Notice Plans – July 2017 – NCAJ Trial Briefs (co-authored with Patrick M. Wallace)
- ESI Essentials: What You Absolutely Must Know in this Day and Age About Electronically Stored Information (co-authored with Daniel K. Bryson)
- Insurance: Covered v. Uncovered (co-authored with Matthew E. Lee)
- Elon University: B.S.
- North Carolina State University: M.B.A.
- Campbell University School of Law: J.D.
- October 2019: Judgment obtained for clients in the amount of $30,941,939.87 in a business dispute between commercial cattle farming operations.
- October 2019: Won the summary judgment battle with IBM in Swafford v. IBM in CA federal court. To the best of our knowledge, the resulting order denying summary judgment to IBM to the entire extent that the firm opposed it was the first of its kind around the country.
- October 2019: Confidential settlement for $21 million in a defective condominium construction case.
- August 2018: Won verdict and judgment we value at over $1 million, with hundreds of thousands more in punitive damages awarded by the jury, after a two week jury trial in New Hanover County for an LLC member who’d been illegally ousted from the companies by his business partners.
- February 2017: Nationwide class action settlement we valued at over $20 million involving composite decking material we alleged to be defective.
- Numerous additional confidential settlements of over $1,000,000 related to defective construction.
- Speaker, “ESI Essentials: What You Absolutely Must Know in This Day and Age About Electronically Stored Information,” (co-presented with Daniel K. Bryson) North Carolina Advocates for Justice Annual Convention, June 15, 2015.
- Guest Lecturer, “Introduction to Class Actions and Multi-District Litigation,” Campbell University School of Law, August 23, 2018.
Let’s start talking about your case right now with a free consultation!
Whether you’re certain that you have a case or just want to talk to an experienced lawyer, we’re here to help. No matter how complex the case or how daunting the opposition, we fight for our clients every step of the way.
Get in touch
Toll free: 855-668-2680
I feel like they really care about me. I consider them good friends.