Fighting the good fight
Alex R. Straus
Whitfield Bryson LLP
Los Angeles, California
Main Telephone: 919-600-5000
Alex R. Straus was born and raised in New York, NY. Alex is currently licensed to practice law in California, Massachusetts, New York, Rhode Island, and South Carolina. For more than a decade, he has represented consumers, labor unions, and municipalities throughout the United States in practice areas ranging from complex tort and personal injury to antitrust and securities litigation. Prior to joining Whitfield Bryson, Alex spent the majority of his legal career as a litigation attorney with Motley Rice LLC after a long career as an investigative journalist and author. In 2013, Alex authored an amicus curiae brief filed in the Supreme Court of the United States in support of a shipyard worker who died as a result of asbestos exposure.
An avid writer, Alex co-authored with legendary trial lawyer, Ron Motley, a chapter in the book Pathology of Asbestos-Related Diseases, which was published in 2014. Alex has also authored two books, Medical Marvels: The 100 Most Important Medical Advances (Prometheus Books, 2006) and Guerrilla Golf: The Complete Guide to Playing Golf on Mountains, Pastures, City Streets and Everywhere But the Course (Rodale Press, 2006). The author of more than 100 nationally published feature-length articles, Alex won the New York Press Association Best Sports Feature award in 1999.
As a law student at Roger Williams University School of Law, Alex was the 2009 recipient of the Kathleen Brit Memorial Prize for Alternative Dispute Resolution and served as law clerk for the New England Patriots, working with the team’s General Counsel on real estate acquisitions, environmental compliance and collective bargaining issues. Alex attended Rollins College in Winter Park, Florida and Columbia University’s School of International and Public Affairs in New York, New York.
- State of California, 2018
- State of Massachusetts, 2010
- State of New York, 2013
- State of Rhode Island, 2009
- State of South Carolina, 2012
- Kathleen Brit Memorial Prize for Alternative Dispute Resolution, 2009
- New York Press Association Best Sports Feature, 1999
- American Bar Association
- Public Justice
- California State Bar Association
- Massachusetts State Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Rhode Island State Bar Association
- South Carolina State Bar Association
- Rollins College B.S., 1992
- Columbia University School of International and Public Affairs, 1994
- Roger Williams University School of Law: J.D., 2009
- Pathology of Asbestos-Related Diseases; co-authored with legendary trial lawyer, Ron Motley, 2014
- Medical Marvels: The 100 Most Important Medical Advances (Prometheus Books, 2006)
- Guerrilla Golf: The Complete Guide to Playing Golf on Mountains, Pastures, City Streets and Everywhere But the Course (Rodale Press, 2006)
Let’s start talking about your case right now with a free consultation!
Whether you’re certain that you have a case or just want to talk to an experienced lawyer, we’re here to help. No matter how complex the case or how daunting the opposition, we fight for our clients every step of the way.
Get in touch
Toll free: 855-668-2680
"[We] applaud the efforts of… Whitfield Bryson LLP, who defend the rights of consumers and fight to hold major companies accountable for the products they produce.”