There’s power in numbers
When you purchase an insurance policy, you expect to pay monthly premiums in return for protection of your goods and property in the event they are damaged or destroyed. By paying your premiums, you are protecting your possessions and your family from losing everything after a disaster. Unfortunately for policyholders, insurance companies are less concerned about their customers than they are their bottom line. Insurance companies often seek to protect their bottom line by exploiting customers in the billing process, delaying the process and payment of a claim, or flat out denying claims.
The bad faith practices used by insurance companies can occur on a nationwide scale and affect thousands of policyholders. At Whitfield Bryson LLP, our insurance class action lawyers know how to aggressively pursue insurance companies operating in bad faith and help policyholders recover the compensation they are entitled to under their policies.
Bad Faith Practices
There are a number of ways insurance companies will try to protect their bottom line and limit payouts. Some of the most common bad faith practices include:
- Adding frivolous fees onto your premium
- Unfairly raising premiums
- Misrepresenting the policy to make policyholders believe they have certain coverage when they don’t
- Claiming certain damages aren’t covered under the policy when they are
- Performing haphazard and incomplete claims investigations
- Claiming certain damage is normal “wear and tear”
- Undervaluing repair costs
- Denying a claim without providing an explanation
- Delaying the investigation or payout of a claim
If you have experienced any of these bad faith practices by your insurance company, it is likely that you are not the only one. Insurance companies tend to use these tactics on a wide scale, and when an insurance company treats numerous policyholders unfairly, filing a class action lawsuit is often the best way for policyholders to get the compensation they deserve.
Whitfield Bryson LLP: Insurance Class Action Lawyers
If you think your insurance company wrongfully denied or limited a legitimate claim, please contact Whitfield Bryson LLP today. We can help you understand your legal options and pursue compensation on your behalf. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation.